O's have exceeded 2011 budget

wildcard

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Especially when we were willing to go to $40 million+ for VMart, Dunn, etc.

I guess AM thinks we forgot about that. ;)

Exactly. I dunno. I don't want to get too bent out of shape before getting more details, if there are any. But it's just irritating that right when you think we could start making a little push toward at least "not sucking"... you get this little pin moved a little closer to the balloon.

If we got him at a bargain rate, you'd have to think Vlad would sell at least a few tickets. Thus maybe he'd be a wash.

Maybe. But I have a strong feeling that Vlad's impact on attendance would be very far down in the noise. If the O's win 85 games and attendance goes up half a million you might have a case, even if it's impossible to pin any of it on Vlad.

My opinion here is that almost no individual is going to drive ticket sales by a measurable amount apart from his impact on meaningful wins.

Kind of kills the off-season for me. The Orioles don't look like they want to spend like a competitor. What happens if they need to add salary to compete mid year?

If this is really true than Luke Scott should be traded for a pitcher. The Orioles have plenty of SG options, and they really need another pitcher.

Shooting guard??

So long as the budget is flexible should certian situations present themselves ;)

You would hope that some kind of situation that would push the O's towards serious contention would lead to more money being pried loose. They're not that far from the win range where 5 wins might bust loose $10s of millions in playoff revenues.

Archived